Monday, July 21, 2008

From Strep to Bubbles

We've had a fairly exciting week at the Hammster house. If by exciting you mean having horrible colds. Both Nate and me have been very sick. I started out with allergy like symptoms, turning into a fever of 103 (I KNOW you're singing 'Hot Blooded' by Foreigner right now) and swollen lymphnodes and ended with a lovely rash (either from being allergic to Z-pack or from Strep). Then Nate got a rash and we took him to the doctor and wha-laaaaa he's got strep too. I had no clue you could get a rash from Strep, but apparently you really can learn something new everyday. So we're both on antibiotics and on the mend. Oh yeah, and not to be outdone, but Nate also had pink eye this week.

Nate also went to the dentist for his FIRST dentist appointment this week. He was quite the champ and let them look in his mouth without fuss. Or so they tell me. It was at a pediatric dentist and they don't let the parents come back to see them torture... I mean examine the children. They say the kids do better that way. They have it all planned out sooo well, you come in they say come on back Mom and Dad, bring Nate. So we go back and then they say, "Hey Nate look the Wiggles is on TV." And they point to this area with toys, books, and a tv with the ever so delightful Wiggles on it. Nate is distracted and goes towards the tv, then they say, "Hey Mom and Dad, let's continue with the tour right over here, this is the teen room." I'm just beginning to wonder why they are showing me the teen room when I won't be needing it for like 11 years, when she leads me to this other door. And she says, "Come right through here to......our lobby". Low and behold she's tricked me into exiting the exam part and planting me back out front. I didn't even get to have my sad sad goodbye with Nate. Ohh yeah, me thinks they've done this before. Hmmpph. Even though I was bamboozled, I am proud to say that Nate has no cavaties. Yay!

Then we took Nate to get a haircut on Saturday. This is the first time he has not cried!! YAY! My little guy is growing up! Only took 5 haircuts to not be afraid of it. Haha. Of course his new found love of balloons and suckers (which they provide to the victim) might have something to do with it. When we pulled up at Cookie Cutters (hair salon for kids) he started clamoring for a balloon. Hmmm.... what a good memory my guy has!

Here are some recent pictures of Nate and family!

This is Nate (before haircut) coloring at his new desk. He feels soooo important getting his own space.


This is Nate (after haircut) hamming it up for the camera, complete with saying 'Cheese'.


Nate and Mommy playing around.


Nate has another newfound love. Blowing bubbles. Unfortunately the normal wands frustrate him because he can't blow bubbles with them. He puts the wands ON his lips... thus popping the bubble before it starts and giving him the nasty taste of bubbles. So we found these pipe bubble blowers that work great for him! He was so pleased with himself that after 30 minutes of bubble blowing he was still addicted! He cried when we had to come in. Poor kid, his parents are SO mean.



We are heading to Atlanta on Thursday for a mini-vacation and we're REALLY excited about it! When we return I should have some good pictures from the Zoo and Aquarium. Who knows maybe we'll get lucky and gas will go back down under $4 before we go? Wishful thinking...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

test comment

Unknown said...

Hey Sweetie, hate to say it, but I thought Nate looked cuter BEFORE the haircut. I think you should just let him go with the Beetles look! Its him!

Things I May Regret Writing said...

You've got a heartbreaker on your hands. Lock his windows now.
-Lilly

Kathy said...

I love the last picture of the two of you... beautiful of you both!