Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday my son

It happened. I have a two year old. Nate turned 2 on September 25th. I'm such a sappy mom... on September 24th as I was getting ready to lay Nate down for bed, I rocked him extra long, hugged him extra tight, and whispered "goodnight my one year old boy". *sigh*

Here's Nate playing around on his birthday. If you notice the bump on his forehead, he fell a few weeks ago and this is the bump that is STILL there. If I get up the courage to look at the pictures again, I might post pictures of him 3 days after the fall. (I didn't take pictures the first few days, I was too upset)


On his birthday we sent cupcakes to daycare for his friends and him to celebrate. Nate would say bear and growl each time he saw the cupcakes.



Nate's birthday party was on Saturday. We had a Sesame Street theme since Nate LOVES it. He routinely asks for Elmo, Ernie, Oscar, and Cookie. A lady at Nate's daycare makes cakes and she made this cake for Nate

And these are the cupcakes that some crazy mom thought she could make to look like Cookie Monster. Silly mommy... if placed next to the awesome Elmo cake the Cookie Monster cupcakes looks rather depressing... so I placed them far apart. HEY don't laugh at me! I tried!



One of the first "shifts" of people to sit down to get something to eat. Going around the table starting with birthday boy, Daddy, Uncle Aaron, Uncle Brian, Brandy.


Nate while we were singing him Happy Birthday. He loved the hats, loved the singing, and LOVED that his best friend Joey was sitting next to him.



I maybe shouldn't have said, "Sure you guys can help Nate open his gifts..." This was the quiet before the storm....


Here is one where cousin Kaylee was letting Nate help her open his gifts. :) Uncle Luke supervising...


I believe this was the moment that all the younger boys "invaded" the older boys football game. "Whoa guys! Where'd all these kids come from?" :)

The kids all took turns drawing with chalk. Or in Joey and Kaylee's case, rubbing their hands in chalk dust and then their hands on their clothes. I'm sure their parents just looooved me. :)
We got Nate a bubble bucket as one of his gifts, outside bubble time was a HUGE hit amongst kids of all ages. Note to self, if ever having to watch more than one child at a time... bring bubble bucket.


Nate and Joey enjoying dinner together after everyone had left. This little picnic table was so cute, all the kids took turns eating at it and it was adorable. Nate says, "Thanks Grandma, I LOVE my table! Can you convince my mommy to let me eat here every meal?"


I think a good time was had by all, and most importantly Nate had a BLAST! The kids played and played and played some more, ate, and played again. :) The older boys all started a game of football, which was great because I'm sure they would have been bored watching the kids play and the weather was just great to be outside and playing. The kids played with our collection of outdoor toys. The party started at 2 and the last guests left at 7. Nate got so many nice gifts and we are so grateful to all. Nate's TN Grandparents (Nana and Grandpa D) weren't able to come but they sent a giftcard and the CUTEST Memphis jersey outfit. We will need to have him wear it Friday to support Memphis over Louisville. I'll get a picture then. Nate also got some great sports toys, lawn mower toy, Puppy, Diego, Pablo and Ming Ming stuffed 'animals', COOKIES, picnic table, clothes, elmo and ernie kinex, little people castle, booster chair, potty, books, and money. We were wiped out but all very happy with how the day went. Nate really loved having everyone there.

Nate says, "Thanks for coming Grandma, Grandpa Doug, Grandma Dawn, Uncle Josh, Aunt Amanda, Uncle Brian, Uncle Aaron, Uncle Luke, Cousin Kaylee, BFF Joey, Joshua, Leah, Lauren, Brad, and Brandy. You made my day extra special!"

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Seriously, that is an awesome cake! Love it.

I can't believe he's two! I'm sure you can't either... :)

Let's get together soon!

Kathy

Unknown said...

What's wrong with the cookie monster cupcakes? I think they're cute!! There is a difference between love and talent! OOPS, maybe I shouldn't say that...... :)

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Looks like a great birthday...and totally love the cupcakes! I was too chicken to try, so go you!!!

Things I May Regret Writing said...

That party looked awesome! My daughter caught a glimpse of the computer screen and screamed, "ELMO!!!!!!!" And I think the Cookie Monster cupcakes are really cute, despite the hard time you're giving that mommy. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Nate is already 2! That is crazy. He is too cute. The cookie monster cupcakes were awesome. I will have to hire you for my b-day. You have 8 months to prepare!!!

Karla

Kathy said...

Hey... I tagged you for a meme over on my blog... take a look!

http://ponablogski.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagged.html