Thursday, December 4, 2008

Recreational Activities

Thought I'd share a bit of what Nate's been up to lately.

Nate cuteness: The other day Nate was playing near the ottoman and he bumped his head (don't worry, the ottoman is soft and squishy). He cried anyways and held his head. I asked if he needed a kiss. "Yes" he replied and came over to get his kiss on the head. He went back to playing and a few minutes later bumped his head again on the ottoman. He started to whine, put his hand on his head and looked at me. I asked if he needed another kiss. He looked over at me, looked down at his toys, back at me, then back at his toys...(clearly torn between getting kisses for his booboo and staying to play with his toys), he then proceeded to kiss his hand and smack the kiss on his own forehead and returned to his playing. Kinda like, "nah, I got this Mom." Haha. :)

Nate really likes to look at books. Especially this Wiggles book (let me just say that I can't STAND the Wiggles show and this book is about all I can tolerate).

I love the crossed leg... chilling out, reading a "good" book.

Some friends shared this cute craft idea with us to make for Thanksgiving. It required like 30 minutes of Mommy cutting things out of foam and like 5 minutes of Nate glueing. Though a bit tedious on my part, Nate absolutely LOVED making the turkey. His favorite part was the eyes. He still points to the turkey on the fridge and says, "Googley eyes". Which is well worth all that prep work on Mommy's part.

The finished product. We ended up making two turkey's, one for our fridge, and one to give to Nate's Nana and Papaw D (Mike's parents) for Thanksgiving.


We actually were able to spend Thanksgiving this year with Mike's family in Memphis. My next post will have pictures from our trip there. Gobble, gobble!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I am impressed with your cutting and gluing abilities. :)

branndragon said...

He looks like such a little man!

Unknown said...

OK, that picture with his legs crossed and the book is my new favorite, too!