Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hammsters in Hotlanta! Part 2

We met up with some of my friends that have children born September 2006, like Nate. It was definitely interesting to see how Nate interacted with children his own age. At this point most of the children were pretty caught up in just playing independently (and figuring out the best way to steal toys from others.. "MINE, MINE!"), but when they would have the occasional interaction there were about 6 cameras around to capture the moment. There was all sorts of yummy food at the dinner, but Nate apparently decided he'd only eat cornbread (2 big pieces to be exact and cried when I said no to a third). I can count that as a vegetable, right?

Pictures from Friday night dinner/playgroup:

All of the children agree, Amy's backyard is a hit!



Nate and Shaia playing "together" in the water table.


Lily helping Nate make some forward progress in the Cozy Coupe car. I mention the exact name of the car because Nate (and ALL the kids at the party) deemed this the MUST have gift of '08. Nate would love SOMEONE very much if they got him this for his birthday... ;)


Nate and Lily digging for treasure... ("we got half a map, I wish it were a whole"... arrggghh, stinkin Backyardigans songs invading my daily life!)


Yes, even MORE pictures to follow...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Nate needs to visit worknanny, no need to go all the way to Hotlanta..
I have sand that doesn't touch your toes, I have a pool with air temp water, I have a creek with real fish.. etc...

(I do like the pictures and updates)

amy said...

Lily wants Nate to come back and play! Look at what bffs they are in those pictures! ;o)

(Lily's mommy wants y'all to come back too!)

Mike Hammond said...

I can't believe all the stuff Nate did on our trip. He has grown by leaps and bounds!