Monday, August 25, 2008

Walking in Memphis

The Hammsters made a weekend getaway trip to Memphis to go to my BFF's 1st baby shower and to visit Mike's family.

Nate "helped" us pack for the trip. A must have, his new backpack. When we get out of the car from daycare his first word to me is, "Backpack?" He can't wait to go in the house and get it. Of all the toys around our house, and to be sure there are quite a few, the only things allowed in the backpack is... his two Ernie's. We have had many a "Journey to Ernie" trips around the house in which I must find Ernie as fast as possible or be subjected to the constant barrage of "Ernie, Ernie, Ernie, ERNIE, ERNIE, ERNIE!"


I had so much fun playing with my Nana and Grampa D!!


Here's me and Grampa D, tuckered out after lots of playing. "I seep" *snore snore snore*



Me and my new friend, Trey, playing at the baby shower. We found each other very funny. Well until he stole my ball, and my balloon, and anything else I deemed mine. (Even with all the toys around the BEST toy of all was this free bee from the Nasonex commercials. Remind me again why we bother to BUY toys?)


My best friend, Lauren, and her sweet niece, Princess Gabrielle. :) (Gabrielle just turned 1! Happy Birthday Gabrielle!)



Even though the visit was a short one, we had lots of fun. It was so great to see Nate bonding with his grandparents. We left dreading the long road home, but with our tummies full of yummy food, our hearts full of love, and the promise that they will be coming to visit us soon, for both the "boys" birthdays in September!

(I better start cleaning the house now! :) )

No comments: